Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 4, 2020

Digitized Analog Phot-o' the Day: Arches National Park; Moab, Utah USA


Delicate Arch, the signature arch of Arches National Park. It's been on the Utah state license plate so that makes it pretty iconic. Is this as seen from a hiking trail? Or is it as seen from a viewpoint on the driving loop through the park? It's been too many years for me to remember.

But I do remember that Arches is one of the greatest sights to see on Planet Earth. How did they manage to fit all these stone arches into such a tiny corner of Utah? Why is this where it happened with so much frequency? I've seen these stone arches here and there and everywhere as I've traveled around. But I think that at least a clear majority, if not an overwhelming majority, were packed into this one national park.

And Moab, Utah, is a cute little town worth visiting on its own right. Well, at least it was when I visited in June 2003.

No comments:

Post a Comment