Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 30, 2020

Favorite Hotels 2010-2020: U.S. Edition: Wilderness Lodge, Walt Disney World, Florida

Before I name my favorite of favorites among all of the hotels in which I've stayed during my decade of travel, 2010-2020, I will take a detour and name my favorite U.S. hotel where I've stayed. I've been to Walt Disney World in Florida twice. I've enjoyed it both times. I really don't think there is any chance that I will be going back again.


That said: I really enjoyed staying at the Wilderness Lodge inside the park.


My first time at Disney World was in 2000, for the occasion of my 40th birthday. I stayed at the Port Orleans. It was a motel. A large, enormous motel the size of European country. The Wilderness Lodge was an enormous step up.


The interior was patterned after the Old Faithful Inn in Yellowstone. Having now seen both, I can see it.


The grounds were nice. The pool area was nice.


It had statues of things like armadillos kissing frogs:


Sure. Whatever.


When you stay in the park at Disney World, you are staying literally in Disney WORLD, as in a whole world totally distinct from day-to-day life. Lots of people love the Disney cocoon experience. I've experienced it twice, the second time at a higher end property. I'm glad I did. The Wilderness Lodge is my favorite hotel within the U.S. where I've stayed. But I have sufficient Disney for this lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment