Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 30, 2022

Paraty After Dark

Looking out into the ocean-containing darkness from Ponte do Pontal

The shuttle ride from Rio de Janeiro to Paraty took far longer than it should have, which meant I arrived in Paraty well after dark, when almost everything was closed. More importantly, everything serving food was closed.


I am staying for the next four nights here at the Pousada Porto Imperial in the heart of the old city of Paraty. Paraty is a beach town. Yes, I know. I am not a fan of beach vacations and I booked four nights of lodging in a beach town. Hobgoblins on the mind and all that. Actually, Paraty is an historic, colonial era port that happens to have nice beaches. It's not a "beach town"; it's a town with a beach.


By the time I rolled in, unpacked, did some emergency work, and found out that the room was broken and needed replaced, it was too late. It was just about too late to stroll as the streets were empty. A few bars were open, but nothing serving food.


This, possibly, could be the Perequê-açu River, which forms the northern border of the colonial heart of Paraty.


I will explore the city in the daylight tomorrow.

No comments:

Post a Comment