Powered By Blogger

Thursday, November 9, 2023

Strolling Through Lastarria

The sun sets of the Hotel Cumbres Lastarria

Before I completely leave Santiago de Chile for purposes of picture-posting, let's take a stroll or three through the Lastarria neighborhood where I stayed.

 This the morning of my arrival:


Just coming to life.




This last one is from my Tuesday morning walk to Cerro Santa Lucia:


I found out after I checked into my hotel that Lastarria is a hipster neighborhood.


So not my scene.


This meant that, when the sun was going down, the girls with turquoise hair, multiple piercings, and hipster tattoos were coming out.


As hipster scenes go, however, it was nicely mild.


No visible body modifications. Nothing nauseating done with earlobes. Just lots of multiple ear piercings ringing the ear. Which is so commonplace nowadays that I don't think counts anymore as "hipster."

After two way-too-short days in Santiago, it was time to go to sleep to catch a flight to "Destination: Next."

No comments:

Post a Comment