Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 28, 2014

Driving to Phoenix: Wikieup

Snoopy. Woodstock and assorted other beagle (Spike from Needles?) welcome you to Wikieup
Last weekend I decided to take one of my occasional trips down to the Big Phoney, Phoenix, Arizona USA.

Few things in life have improved so much over the 20 years (plus) I've lived in Las Vegas than the drive to Phoenix.  The Tillman/O'Callaghan Bridge has ended the interminable winding to go over Hoover/Boulder Dam. The Wickenburg bypass ended another bottleneck.  The road seems to have enough passing lanes so that it is not a death trap suicide rap. (I don't even know if I see any memorial crosses on the side of US-93 anymore.)

But one thing has not changed.  Snoopy, Woodstock and other beagle welcoming you to that plumbed bathroom known as Wikieup, Arizona.  Why Snoopy?  Why a rocket ship?  Forget it, Jake.  It's Wikieup.

No comments:

Post a Comment