Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 25, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: Grotto Geyser; Yellowstone National Park, Wyoming USA


Yellowstone in artsy black and white.

Grotto Geyser was particularly steamy at the time. This is in the Upper Geyser Basin of Yellowstone National Park, near the most famous geyser in the history of geyser-dom, Old Faithful.

Visited September 2019. Y'know, if everything is still in lockdown this fall, and international travel is out of the question, and Hawaii (which I only want to visit so I will have been to all 50 of the states of the USA) is still doing the eternal-quarantine thing, so I'm only left with Mainland USA travel options, a return trip to Yellowstone probably would be my choice. It took me 59 years to finally get here and I have no excuse for what took me so long. It is unlike anyplace on planet earth.

Until the super-volcano underneath it all blows.

No comments:

Post a Comment