Powered By Blogger

Saturday, December 10, 2022

Sunrise Over Copacabana

I woke up and there it was. Sunrise. Over Copacabana Beach.

I always sleep fitfully on the night before, or the last night of, a long trip. I'm scared I'm going to miss my plane! So even if the plane does not leave until 10:00 at night, I'm still nervous.

I had a good final evening walking around the neighborhood.


Dinner wasn't anything special, but then I saw this place:


Rufo's!


Rufo's may look like an ordinary juice bar -- of which there are many all over Rio de Janeiro, but they had the flavor I've been dreaming of, and asking for, all during this trip. And no one else seem to have. Which fruit is that? You can see it tucked in between the yellow melons in the picture above:


Caju! This is the fruit of the cashew tree. The fruit is so sweet it cannot be shipped to the United States. So we eat only the delicious nut from this same tree. Finally, in my final hours in Rio de Janeiro, I have found my caju.

I can sleep peacefully. Until I wake up at 4:30 and see the glorious sunrise over Copacabana Beach:


Time to fly home.

No comments:

Post a Comment