Powered By Blogger

Friday, March 24, 2023

First Night in Guadalajara

The Hotel Morales in the Centro Historico of Guadalajara

For so many reasons, I needed a mini-vacation before my maxi-vacation coming up at the beginning of May. I saw cheap airfares on a cheap airline to place that was not too far away, but which I wanted to visit. And here I am: Guadalajara, Mexico.

I am staying in the historic Hotel Morales, which is appropriate since I am staying in the Centro Historico of Guadalajara. The room is fairly big, which is atypical for a historic hotel. The interior is historic-stylish.


There wasn't much time to do anything once I hit town, got to my room, and unpacked. Well, except for eating supper. I was hungry. Since I flew on an ultra-discount airline, Volaris, which may be better referred to as "Spirit of Mexico," I didn't get a meal, a snack or even water (yes, like Spirit in the USA, they charge for water). So I was hungry and thirsty and smack dab in the middle of a city known for (possibly) the most delicious food in Mexico.

The man at the hotel bell desk recommended a restaurant two blocks up the street called La Chata. It must be good because the line was huge. So I ate a place closer to the hotel: Los Dichos.


It did not have a line, but the food was very good.


I had the pollo milanesa and washed it down with a giant agua fresca, melón flavor.


Melón is cantaloupe. Sandía is watermelon. The Mexican restaurants in Las Vegas will have watermelon (sandía) agua fresca, but I've never seen cantaloupe. And it was awesome. The milanesa, with that big dollop of guacamole, was quite good. La Chata might even be better, who knows? I got a few more nights to go try it.

No comments:

Post a Comment