Powered By Blogger

Monday, May 4, 2015

Stations of the Cross on Monserrate

Walking the Stations of the Cross on Monserrate
This may be my favorite Stations of the Cross that I have seen, given the combination of the quality of the statuary and the incredibly beautiful physical setting. I do have a bias in favor of outdoor stations.

Given that I am a hardcore Catholic, I take my Stations of the Cross seriously. That means I will forgo the snarky commentary and just mention which station is in which picture.

Station I:
Jesus is condemned to death

Station II:
Jesus is made to carry the cross

Station III:
Jesus falls for the first time

Station III (alternate angle)

Station IV:
Jesus meets his mother

Station V:
Jesus is helped by Simone the Cyrene

Station VI:
Jesus's face is wiped by Veronica

Station VII:
Jesus falls for the second time

Station VIII:
Jesus consoles the women of Jerusalem

Station IX:
Jesus falls for the third time

Station X:
Jesus is stripped of his clothes

Station XI:
Jesus is nailed to the cross

Station XII:
Jesus dies on the cross

Station XIII:
Jesus is taken down from the cross

Station XIV:
Jesus is placed in the sepulcher

Station XV:
Jesus rises on the third day

No comments:

Post a Comment