Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 23, 2015

Christmas in Houston: The Art Car Museum: Closed for the Holidays

140 Heights Boulevard, Houston, Texas USA
Not all Houston holiday dreams come true.  The Art Car Museum was closed for the Christmas holiday.  Even though it was only December 23 and there was one more full work day before Christmas would come.

Houston is the "art car" capital of the known universe.  It's a big thing, transforming automobiles into other shapes that can still be driven.  They even have a big parade here once a year, sometime in April or May.  And, of course, they have a museum dedicated to the "art car."  But, unfortunately, the art car thing may be big in Houston, but it's not bigger than Christmas.  The museum was closed.

Let's have a look through the chain link fence,


Reminds me of Gaudi.  I am not being facetious.  The spikey things on the roof remind me of the roof on Gaudi's La Pedrera in Barcelona.  Remember?

Roof of La Pedrera in Barcelona.  September 2015.

OK.  Maybe it's just me.

So with the museum closed, I headed off to grab some lunch.

I chose the 59 diner, not far from my hotel.  A real retro diner.  As opposed to a faux retro diner.  Lots of chrome and red vinyl inside.


I ordered the fish and chips (opted for curly fries instead of the more traditional cut fries -- because I could).  Side order of fried okra (because there wasn't already enough "fried" on the plate).  Washed down with the peachiest tasting peach iced tea I've ever drank.  It was probably Nestea.

No comments:

Post a Comment