Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, April 27, 2010

My last real vacation: December 2008-January 2009

My last real vacation was December 2008/January 2009, when I took a driving trip to Texas. I got to check Big Bend National Park off my list of national parks I've visited. West Texas is wonderfully and amazingly isolated from the rest of the world, even more so than Nevada. From Big Bend I drove onward to Austin and to the Texas gulf coast and South Padre Island.
Along the way, I gassed up and refueled the personal stomach tank in Fort Stockton, Texas. Right there, on the main drag, decked out in his Christmas finery, was Paisano Pete, the giant roadrunner statue that is the best reason to pull off I-10 and check out downtown Fort Stockton. Did I say "best" reason? I guess that erroneously implies there were comparitors.
Anyway, this was the most recent vacation of consequence. The next one starts tomorrow, April 28. I'm leaving on a jet plane and I do know when I'll be back again.


No comments:

Post a Comment