Powered By Blogger

Monday, July 9, 2018

Bird's Nest Watching

Getting a picture of Beijing's Bird's Nest stadium
Climbing the Great Wall amongst the Ocean of Humanity wore me out.  Specifically, with the steep ascents and descents, it wore out my legs.  The rest of me was relatively fine.  So it was time for something a little more low-key:  a visit to the main stadium for the 2008 Beijing Olympics, the Bird's Nest.


And me and several hundred million Chinese tourists had the exact same idea.  The parking area to walk over to the Bird's Nest was packed.


Of course, taking the tourist train would be an option for some.


Weirdly enough, in all of the places I've seen these tourist "trains" I've never ridden one.  On the way to the Bird's Nest are characters that I presume were Olympic mascots.


Well, if they weren't, they should've been:


This one looks a little "metal," shall we say?


This one wasn't following the same theme as the others.  With the camera around his neck, I'm presuming this is the mascot of tourists:


Everybody wants pictures, especially with the faux "panda" mascot.


Across the street from the Bird's Nest was the cool-looking building:  Pangu 7 Star Hotel, a hotel and office building designed to be in the shape of a dragon.  You can see it.


Now, to the Bird's Nest:


That's all.


Good-bye for the night.

No comments:

Post a Comment