Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 30, 2020

Landscape Week! Phot-o' the Day: Southern Colombia, near San Agustin


All the cool kids on Facebook are posting landscape photos, I think as a distraction from the social distancing and self-quarantining associated with the coronavirus pandemic. I may not be cool. And I am not a kid. But I am slavishly devoted to following internet trends. And I have a boatload of landscape photos that I can post accumulated over years of travel.

So let's start with this one. This is the southern Andes of Colombia, near the town of San Agustin (and, more importantly, San Agustin Archaeological Park). The smoke in the foreground, right, is from a sugar cane house, squeezing the sugary juice out of the sugar cane stalks.

Landscape scenes are always more beautiful in person than in a two-dimensional photograph. So you don't get the full sense of how beautiful this area is, with the sheer cliffs and amazing greenery. You just have to visit here.

Visited September 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment