Powered By Blogger

Monday, March 16, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: San Agustin Archaeological Park, San Agustin, Colombia


The Andes highlands of Southern Colombia, around the area of San Agustin, is maybe the most beautiful land I have yet seen in my travels. I visited there because I had been planning a trip to Peru and Machu Picchu. I got discouraged reading about the extreme crowding at Machu Picchu and how that was ruining the experience. So I thought: where will be the next Machu Picchu? Where can I go before it gets over-run by tourists by me?

I decided to visit Colombia, with the intent of visiting the San Agustin Archaeological Park in the Andes in Southern Colombia. It was beautiful. It was amazing. It was beyond awesome. While Colombia itself is getting more and more tourists, the Archaeological Park is not on its way to becoming the next Machu Picchu. It's still not even on the radar for most travelers to Colombia or South America. I'm very glad I went.

Visited September 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment