Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 10, 2019

Bucket List Item 25: Done


Another item on the so-called "bucket list" has been crossed off. Done. Complete. Achievement unlocked.


In a small bar and in a strange corner of Europe I had never visited before, I saw one of my favorite bands perform: Zdob si Zdub. They are from Moldava. They don't really seem to play much outside of Romania, the Ukraine, and Russia. They weren't coming to me. So I went to them. At the Club Beluga. In Old Town Bucharest.

Their sound is mostly 1970s punk, with some Balkan and brass elements added. They don't sound like anybody else. People were doing the pogo like it was a Pi Kappa Phi party being DJ-ed by me circa 1980 and I was spinning the Ramones. It was beyond mere awesome.


The "big song" that everybody sang along to was "Everybody in the Casa Mare."


And when you hear the "big song" that everyone is singing along to, you know the show's about to end. Here is a photo I snapped of lead singer Roman on his walk out the door (small nightclub so the only exit was through the crowd), being dragged out by security while fans chat him up. Or take his picture using flash because the room was dark.

No comments:

Post a Comment