Powered By Blogger

Sunday, August 25, 2024

Two Meals In Two Countries

The Cadejo Brewing Company in San Salvador was so pet friendly it had a wall of dog masks

Lunch in Honduras. Dinner in El Salvador. Such is the international jet set traveler lifestyle.

Lunch was in downtown Copan Ruinas. The town is named for the nearby Copan Ruinas.


Lunch was at the Restaurante Llama Del Bosque. 


It may have been open to the elements, but it was cool and comfortable.


More importantly, the food:


I had the fajitas barbacoa. Which I do not believe was traditional Honduran cuisine. It was incredible. The sauce for the fajitas was amazingly delicious, sweet and tangy, with a little heat. I wish, for my three side dishes, I had ordered three servings of rice to soak up all that delicious sauce. Starting at the bottom left, on the plate were the avocados, plantains, refried beans (very runny and dark, almost like this was a thin bean dip) and off the plate were pickled carrots and onions. Muy sabroso. Muy delicioso.
 
And if things could not have been better, the music playing in the restaurant included one of my absolute favorites of favorites from my era. Talk Talk, in a small restaurant in a small city on the Honduran frontier. Who'd a thought? And speaking of Honduras, my tour guide had the Honduran national dish, which was eggs and avocado and refried beans in a tortilla. Honduran cuisine is tortilla-based. Salvadorean food is tortilla-free.

Fortified, it was time for the four and a half hour drive back to San Salvador.


After resting up, I opted for supper at a real brew pub. The Cadejo Brewing Company.


It's a real brew pub, with brewing equipment on premises. And it's pet friendly!


Although I left my pet back home in Las Vegas, even though he would have enjoyed the meet-and-greet atmosphere with the smell of cooking meat.

You can see a guest doggie under one of the tables if you look closely:


I ordered the pulled pork tacos.


Washed down with the Roja. Not very traditionally Salvadorean. And quite messy\, too. Topped with what appear to be the ubiquitous pickled red onion.

I will save the pupusa eating for a later day.

No comments:

Post a Comment