Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 6, 2012

Colombia: Country #16

I just flew into Colombia and, boy, are my arms tired.  It's true!  My arms really are tired.

I had to pack for an 11-day trip, visiting three different climate zones. So "Big Green," my large suitcase on wheels -- how the Hades did people travel before suitcases became wheeled -- weighed a ton. The messenger bag was packed with my old school laptop, multiple electronic devices (many of which I will be able to use on this trip!), some books and emergency toiletries in case I'm stranded without a suitcase. (See, e.g., my post from a Holiday Inn Express near the Frankfurt Airport last October.  So I over-packed and my bags were heavy.

I am here on the north side of beautiful Bogotá, staying at the Royal Park Metrotel is near, but not that near, the restaurant district:
Royal Park MetroTel
The hotel is just off Calle 74.  I will find out tomorrow how easy it is to get to the downtown and Old Town parts of Bogotá.

Bogotá is on a high plateau, with the Eastern Cordillera of the Andes walling in the city to the east.  The mountains look impressive from my hotel, but not from this picture:
Calle 74 street view
More pictures tomorrow.  Unless the narco-terrorists get me.

No comments:

Post a Comment