Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 13, 2012

Day 6, Part III: My lunch with the Miss Colombia Contestants

Other than the mystical-spiritual experience of visiting San Agustín Archaeological Park, what else would make a day momentous? How about lunch with the Miss Colombia contestants?

After a tiring morning walking through the park, I had lunch at a restaurant named “Donde Richar.” I was told it was the best restaurant in San Agustín.



Donde Richar
Donde Richar is a fantastic open-air restaurant serving grilled meat. What's not to like about that?  I ordered beef, medium:

Beef, fried plaintain, fried potatoes
The meat was perfectly seasoned and came served with plantains, rice, french fries, and a salad. If what I was served was "medium," I would not want to order rare because this meat was barely cooked. But it was so tender and mild (like the Baby Jesus!) that I did not dare send it back. The restaurant was empty when I got there, but near the end of the meal it filled up quickly:

Donde Richar now full, with prospective Miss Colombias (center of picture)
I should have taken more pictures, but I did not want to seem like I was the paparazzi. It turns out that this roadside meat-grilling restaurant had filled up with Miss Colombia contestants and their entourage. (Aside: Miss Sucre would get my vote if I were on the judging panel.) Apparently they were in town to be photographed with the San Agustín statuary. Beauty pageant contestants filling up on (delicioso) grilled meat at a roadside restaurant. You got to love Colombia!

Pure vacation magic.  El Día Maravillosa indeed.

No comments:

Post a Comment