Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, November 6, 2013

Dinner at the Mi Ranchito in Amador



The Mi Ranchito in the Amador section of Panama City
I'm hungry.  And I'm in Panama.  So I have a hunger for some Panamanian food.  There's a TGI Fridays's in the Country Inn & Suites.  Call me judgmental, but I'm suspecting that it might be insufficiently "Panama" to satisfy my appetite for some Panamanian Food.  I ask for recommendations and multiple people recommend:  Restaurante Mi Ranchito.
I ordered the Pollo Deshuesado al Ajillo:

Pollo Deshuesado al Ajillo with a side order of Patacones
I was drawn to "al Ajillo" because I had a trout dish in Salento, Colombia, last year that was "al Ajillo," in a garlic cream sauce, and it was one of the best tasting meals I ever had in my life.  This chicken "al Ajillo" was eh.  OK.  Not great.  And the patacones, known as "tostones" in all the Cubano restaurants, were a little starchier than I would get in a Cubano restaurant. Not quite as crispy.

I did enjoy the Batido de Guanabana, the guanabana shake I had as my dessert course.

The best part of the meal: mi batido de guanabana
I'm not yet willing to say whether it is Panamanian food that is merely "eh", or whether it was this one tourist-sponge of a restaurant.  Probably more the latter.  Well, I've got 36 more hours of eating to find out.

So why did I go to Mi Ranchito?  And why would I recommend it notwithstanding the previous comments?  The view!

No comments:

Post a Comment