Powered By Blogger

Friday, April 27, 2018

Catblogging the Last Day in Trujillo (Dog-blogging too)

Trujillo traffic: Yes. It is all taxicabs
This is the day I say farewell to Trujillo.  You want off-the-beaten tourist path vacation sites with a well-developed tourist infrastructure waiting for the tourist hordes to descend?  Trujillo.  You want the "real" Peru without the overly-commercialized mass-market tourism?  Trujillo.

On my last night -- my appetite finally returning just as I am about to leave Peru -- I ate at a "Chifa."  No pictures because I stupidly broke my own rule of always carrying my camera.  A "chifa" is a Chinese restaurant serving  Chinese-Peruano fusion cuisine.  That makes it sound upscale.  It's anything but.  This is downscale Chinese for the Peruvian market.  I ordered the "pollo con tamarindo," largely because, on the Spanish-only, English-free menu, this was a dish that (a) I could recognize the name, and (b) I knew for certain was something neither Chinese nor Peruvian restaurants in the USA would serve.  It was quite good.  Apparently this is a standard "chifa" menu item as I saw it on the menu of other chifas.  And there were many many other chifas in Trujillo.

So where are the cats I promised?



Since my cat pictures are the only ones anyone ever seems to grab off this blog, I vow now to take pictures of all cats I come across on my travels.  Trujillo is not a big cat town.  So this fellow (or lady) (I can never tell with cats) (they're all kind of sort of transgender to me) is the full extent of the Trujillo cat blogging.

But Trujillo is a dog town.



These three dogs seem to run Plaza de Armas.  They were there every time I walked through the Plaza in my four days in Trujillo.  They looked healthy and happy -- although the black one in the second picture seemed a bit bossy.

We end the animal blogging with bird-blogging.  See the birdie?


Let's move in for the close up of the statuary man in the foreground:


Oh the indignity.


There was a band playing in the Plaza de Armas then, too.  Things like that make a place a magical place to visit.


Tree-blogging.

And we will end our tour of Trujillo with a photo of a photographer desperately trying to get the right angle to get the entire facade of this old church (Iglesia La Merced) into a single frame.


Ending with a metaphor.  Next stop:  a few days in Colombia before heading home.

No comments:

Post a Comment