Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 21, 2018

Emergency vacation!


An emergency vacation.  Which is much much much better than a vacation emergency.  A few cases settled.  A huge arbitration was postponed.  So when life hands you an open block on your schedule, you travel.  And, boy, do I ever need a vacation trip.  So, I quickly pulled together a trip.

Easter Island was out, despite the Cookie Jar o' Potential Vacation Destinations dictating that I will travel there in 2018.  It's the rainy season in mainland Chile.  Thailand would have been nice, but if I'm going to China in July, I didn't want two Asia trips so close together.  Helsinki or Krakow survived long in the Cookie Jar before being eliminated, but the weather there is still wintry.  Morocco?  Would've required too much advance planning.

So I ended up here:


Peru.  Country #24 which I've visited.  First stop:  Lima.  My hotel:  Hotel Libertador in Lima's San Isidro neighborhood.  It is a lovely place to stay:


I got in last night at about 1:00AM.  It was a long day!  Up at 3:00AM after not going to bed until after midnight, all to catch an airplane at 6:00AM, bound for IAH, with a massively long layover in Houston before catching the flight down to LIM.

Fortunately, a big ol' comfortable bed was waiting for me when I finally go to my hotel.


No comments:

Post a Comment