Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 5, 2018

Another Evening, Another Christmas Market

Merry Christmas from Vienna City Hall
The best Christmas Market in Vienna is by most accounts the one in front of the City Hall.  And who doesn't like the best things in life?  I'm here in Central Europe for the Christmas Markets and, dang-it, I'm going to Christmas-market.


This was definitely the most crowded of the Christmas markets I've been to.






I don't know what these were.  They were a confection of some sort, made to look like ice cream cones.


This was the Ugly Christmas Sweater concession.  Apparently, ugly Christmas sweaters are a thing in some circles.  These would be contest winners.


So let's insert a beautiful Christmas tree as a chaser.



This is my artsiest artsy pic:


Ice skating:


It was getting cold.  And that meant:  time for a hot punch.


Tonight I got a kirsche (cherry) flavored.  I did not see that punch flavor at any other booth.  I don't know why not.  The punch was delicious.  And it was filled with maraschino cherries that got soft and alcohol-saturated sitting in the hot punch.  Recommended.

Photo spot for the daring:


The sky is getting dimmer, which means the Christmas lights are getting brighter:






Happy tonight in a winter wonderland.

No comments:

Post a Comment