Powered By Blogger

Friday, December 7, 2018

ICE Train out of Nuremberg

Nürnberg Hauptbahnhof, or Nuremberg's Central Train Station
Only one night in Nuremberg.  Then it was time to take the ICE Train out of town.  The main train station is beautiful and old.


It is right outside the old city walls, which would be worth exploring if I ever get back to Nuremberg.


So what was my judgment on Nuremberg?  (Sheesh, you know that cliche was coming.  You knew that I would not be able to stop myself.)


Nice, historic city, easy to navigate.  Massive Christmas Market that generates its own tourism.


Then it was time to board the ICE train out of town.  ICE, in this context, being "Inter City Express," meaning the train goes fast and makes few stops.  One stop was Koblenz, a city I had never heard of but looked amazing.  The Rhine River was a canyon through there, with steep walls on each side.  And lots of cruise barges floating in the river.  In Koblenz, I caught a local for Trier, my last stop.  The train made about 700 stops traveling the two hours through the German wine country of the Mosel Valley.


I got a massively huge hotel room for my three night in Trier.  After the tiny rooms in Budapest and Vienna, this is a treat.

No comments:

Post a Comment