Powered By Blogger

Saturday, February 8, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: Animal Kingdom, Walt Disney World, Orlando, Florida


Still working the glorious black and whites.

Today's Phot-o' the Day is from the afternoon parade at the Animal Kingdom park in the Walt Disney World complex in Orlando, Florida.  I visited September 2010, on the occasion of celebrations of various 50th birthdays.

I believe this is the "Mickey's Jammin' Jungle Parade," which ran afternoons at Disney's Animal Kingdom from 2001 to 2014.  How "jammin'" was the "Jammin' Jungle Parade." Jammin'!  The highlight of the parade, I kid you now, was the float with Goofy on board, singing the Brazilian bossa nova classic "Mas Que Nada."

Bonus pic in living color of said scene:


Goofy is no Jorge Ben, or whichever hired hand Sergio Mendes had singing on his classic version (Lani Hall, maybe?), but he did a credible job with the tune. If Goofy had wanted to go full Brazilian, this tune probably worked better than "Corcovado." Goofy's version of "Waters of March," however, likely would have been beyond awesome.

I've been to DisneyWorld twice. I've been to Disneyland, if my count is right, three times. I enjoyed those visits, but I don't think I'm going back.  The prices are even more astronomical now (and they were astronomical before).  But, more important, I've been there -- repeatedly -- and done that -- repeatedly.  There's a whole lot more world to see.  Even if I can see a lot of it in EPCOT.

No comments:

Post a Comment