Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 19, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: Fundació Joan Miró, Barcelona, Spain.


Be careful where you check your cellphone messages. You never know who might be behind you.

For today's Phot-o' the Day, let's take the funicular up Montjuic hill in Barcelona, Spain, to the Fundació Joan Miró. This is from outside the museum dedicated to the art of Catalan native Joan Miró. I hate that cancer upon our culture known as "modern art," and the even more virulent pestilence known as "post-modern art," but I love the art of Joan Miró. His art depicts actual tangible things -- albeit from a fever dream perspective.  There is extraordinary talent and creativity evident, unlike the vast bulk of the modern and post-modern works.

From my visit to Barcelona. Tourist-saturated Barcelona. Been there. Loved it. I can't imagine any reason why I would go back.

Visited September 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment