Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, February 26, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: Church of St. Mary Magdalene, Budapest, Hungary


A special Ash Wednesday edition of Sunday Church Phot-o' the Day, since Ash Wednesday is a Holy Day of Obligation and church attendance is mandatory, not optional.

This is Mária Magdolna Torony, the Church of St. Mary Magdalene, on Castle Hill, the Buda side, of Budapest, Hungary. More precisely, this is the bombed-out remains of the church. The church did not survive WWII intact.

I don't know how to love this church. I don't see why it moves me. It's just a church. And I've had so many churches before. In very many ways. It's just one more. Bonus points for getting the allusion.

This was my second visit to this church and my third visit to the wonderful, awesome, magnificent City of Budapest.

No comments:

Post a Comment