Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, February 18, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: Dockside outside the Ver-O-Peso Market, Belém, Brazil


In a languid mood for today's Phot-o' the Day.  Dockside, beside the Ver-O-Peso ("Check the Weight") market in beautiful Belém, Brazil.

Belém is located just inside the mouth of the Amazon, where the planet's mightiest river meets the Atlantic Ocean.  As such, just about all of its tourist trade is people starting or ending Amazon River cruises.  But not me!  I went to Belém because I wanted to see Belém.  And I was not disappointed.

The city has that tropical decay you find in the high-humidity zones between the tropics.  Nevertheless, it is a beautiful city filled with beautiful and friendly people.  If you forced me to choose, I would say it was my favorite place I've visited so far in Brazil. 

No comments:

Post a Comment