Powered By Blogger

Sunday, May 3, 2020

Sunday Church Phot-o' the Day: Inside St. Stephen's Cathedral; Vienna, Austria


Light a candle for me. Today is my last day of being "middle aged." Tomorrow, I pass a point of demarcation and enter the fourth quarter of life (or, if you prefer baseball, the late innings).* I turn 60.

These particular candles were lit inside St. Stephen's Cathedral, the enormous and tall Gothic church that anchors the historic core of Vienna, Austria. Visited December 2018. When I was still middle aged.
_____________

   * A footnote to explain my quarters/innings analogy. If we get 80 years on this planet, each 20-year period would be a "quarter." As of tomorrow, I will have completed the first three quarters. I do hope the game goes into overtime after the end of the fourth quarter! If you prefer to use innings, then each decade of life is an inning. Traditionally, the middle innings would be the fourth, fifth, and sixth innings, with the sixth inning ending the sixth decade. The seventh inning is considered "late innings."

No comments:

Post a Comment