Powered By Blogger

Thursday, September 26, 2024

The Shrine to Norm

Hopefully this isn't too weird or maudlin for the people who aren't dog-obsessed, but ...

I got Norm's cremains back today. Norm is the first of my animals whose remains I've got, but, given Norm's personality, he deserves to be a category of his own. So, up on the mantle, I've made a little shrine to the Best Dog Ever(TM). From left to right: (1) Norm's collar; (2) the vial of Norm's fur, which I didn't ask for since his bristles are burrowed so deeply into the carpet and upholstery I will be living with Norm fur for the rest of my days; (3) the wooden box that is Norm's final resting place, along with (4) the metal hanging ornament that my neighbor Teresa made in his memory which is in the shape of Norm -- it even has a green collar like the one Norm wore (see #1); (5) the purple flower that the vet's office sent back with the cremains; (6) a card that my friend Stan many years ago that has a great picture of a younger Norm on it; and (7) Norm's favorite nylabone which is the one toy I did not toss.

If it seems like I'm being obsessive, it's because I am.

More Norm pictures and stories coming up.

1 comment:

  1. Norm is back at home and resting in peace 💙

    ReplyDelete