Powered By Blogger

Thursday, April 9, 2020

Holy Week Phot-o' the Day: Ninth Station of the Cross; Monserrate, Bogotá, Colombia


I've seen many stations of the cross in my day. My favorite are the stations that can be found at the top of Monserrate on the edge of the City of Bogotá in Colombia.

The statuary is very nice. But it is the physical setting that makes this so amazing. This is a lush green park-like setting at the top of a mountain (well over 10,000 feet above sea level) right on the edge of a massive, crowded city of eight million. (The fact that you can take a funicular to the summit is the buttercream frosting on the stations of the cross cake.)

Today is Maundy Thursday of Holy Week 2020. This is the ninth station. Christ nailed to the cross. I could have picked any and it would have been just as magnificent.

Visited May 2015. On the day of my 45th birthday!

No comments:

Post a Comment