Powered By Blogger

Saturday, April 18, 2020

Phot-o' the Day: Spanish Galleon in Marina Funchal, Madeira, Portugal


Tour boats that look like Spanish galleons have been a thing for awhile. Even in the Portuguese speaking world.

This tour boat is pulling back into harbor at the Funchal Marina on the Island of Madeira. Madeira is part of Portugal, even though it is located closer to the African mainland than it is to Portugal. I didn't get on board and take the tour. Getting on a boat and seeing the sights from way off shore is generally not my thing. If it's yours, I'm not judging. We all like to tourism in our own way. Your way is better for you and my way is better for me.

I actually would have considered doing the Spanish galleon tour in Funchal because, c'mon, it's a Spanish galleon, but it's a really popular tour and I would have had to book it a day in advance. I didn't have the day to spare, so that was a no-go.

Visited September 2017.

No comments:

Post a Comment