Powered By Blogger

Sunday, April 5, 2020

Palm Sunday Church Phot-o' the Day: Iglesia Timana, Timana, Colombia


This is the strangest Palm Sunday since I converted to Catholicism back in '93. Since church is closed due to the COVID-19 lockdown, the Sunday Church Phot-o' the Day is a beautiful church building in a beautiful physical setting,

This is the Iglesia Timana, the Catholic church in the southern Colombia city of Timana. I passed through Timana on the five-hour drive from Neiva to San Agustin. Back when I was there, the closest airport to San Agustin and the amazing San Agustin Archaeological Park was in Neiva. Five hours away! The proprietor of the guest house where I was staying in San Agustin came to Neiva airport to pick me up. We stopped in Timana, about two-thirds of the way to San Agustin, just to take a look at this incredibly beautiful church. It has to be old and historic, too -- just look at it! -- but I do not know the back story. I could make one up, but that would be very inappropriate, especially on the Sunday when I should be in a church listening to the passion story.

Timana, Colombia. Passed through in September 2012.

No comments:

Post a Comment