Powered By Blogger

Sunday, September 20, 2015

Dinner at a Croatian Restaurant

Night time at City Hall
It's not like I was getting tired and bored of pickled herring, but I wanted something different for my final supper in Copenhagen.  Checking out Google maps and Trip Advisor for restaurants in my general area, I stumbled upon this.


Restaurant Dubrovnik!  A Croatian restaurant just a few blocks from Central Station.

The name had me watering at the thought of a tangy octopus salad.  Or maybe some sarma on a cold wet evening would warm my bones.  Alas, neither were on the menu.  But what was on the menu was quite delicious and quite Croatian.

For an appetizer, I had the beef goulash soup.


Think Croatian chili.  The menu called it "strong."  It had lots of ground beef in a thick flavorful broth.  Perfect to warm my bones on a damp fall evening (even though, astronomically speaking, it is still summer).


And for a main course?  Cevapcici!  With fried potatoes, grilled vegetables and plenty of ajvar in the center of the plate for dipping.  Delicious and relatively inexpensive.  I need to eat more Croatian next time I'm in Copenhagen.


Homey atmosphere.  And an authentic Croatian wait staff who appreciated the fact that I could say "hvala" for delivering such delicious food. My bones having been sufficiently warmed, I walked around the city a little at night.


Those are the famous "Weather Girls" of Copenhagen atop that building.  Apparently the thermometer on the side of the building only goes as high as the mid 80s Fahrenheit, which is less than 30 Celsius.  Can you imagine?


City Hall plaza area.  I though about going into this English Pub, since I loved the confidence about "probably" having the town's best selection of beers.


But they were broadcasting an American football game.  Worse, they were broadcasting a New England Patriots game.  I could feel the room thick with the stench of cheating.


So I went back to the hotel, past the Central Station, to blog my supper.

No comments:

Post a Comment