Powered By Blogger

Saturday, October 1, 2011

The Blague from Prague

For the next 36 hours or so, this is officially a "blague." Because I'm in "Prague." Get it? Blague?? OK. OK. Cut me some slack. I'm still jetlagged.

One of the many great things about wandering the streets of Prague is looking at the detail to the buildings. Famous structures, such as the tower at the Old Town (west) side of the Charles Bridge, are filled with decorative statuary:
But even more common and ordinary structures are decorated so:

This is a great city for walking. And given how narrow and winding the streets are, you're continually surprised at what's your next view. Unfortunately, this is not always a good thing as this happened to me repeatedly when I thought I knew where I was, only to be "surprised" that I had walked a couple of blocks in the wrong direction. When you see sights like this large statue behind St. Nicholas Church in the Mala Strana, that's a good thing.

When you're trying to get to a theater performance by starting time, that's a bad thing. Oh well. I will go see the Black Light Theater production of "Aspects of Alice" tomorrow. Two shows daily, so no big deal when I get lost trying to find the theater on one of my days.

No comments:

Post a Comment